Samsung Galaxy S5: How to Create a Folder Shortcut in My Files App in Android 4.4.2 Kitkat

The stock File manager app in Samsung Galaxy S5, My Files app, lets you to create folder shortcuts and they will be placed under the Shortcuts section in the main page of this app, so you can quickly access those folders without having to navigate through the folder trees on your phone.


How to create a folder shortcut in My Files app?
Generally, you can add folder shortcuts to the main page of My Files app by using two methods available: from the main page of My Files app or from the currently opened folder.


Method #1: From the main page of My Files app
  1. Open My Files app.
  2. Tap or long press the Recent apps key to open up the additional options and then select Add shortcut.
  3. Tap Device storage to explore folders in the internal storage, or tap SD card to explore folders in the SD card.
  4. Tap the required folder to open it.
  5. Tap Done button.
  6. A shortcut of the currently opened folder will be created under the Shortcuts section in the main page of My Files app.


Method #2: From the currently opened folder
  1. Open My Files app.
  2. Under local storage section, tap Device storage to explore folders in the internal storage, or tap SD card to explore folders in the SD card.
  3. Tap the required folder to open it.
  4. Tap or long press the Recent apps key to open up the additional options and then select Add shortcut.
  5. Tap Add to My Files main screen.
  6. A shortcut of the currently opened folder will be created under the Shortcuts section in the main page of My Files app.

Given the function, it'd better if you add shortcuts for your favourite folders or the most frequently accessed folders so that you can save more time since you can skip some steps that you used to do when accessing those folders especially if you have much files on your phone or if your favourite folders are located deep inside folder trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi the insiders,
Thanks for coming and I hope you can get something useful here.
Before submitting your comment to ask about an issue, please make sure to provide information as much as possible (at least write your model number and Android version) and describe the problem clearly.
Also, since all comments will be moderated, all comments with irrelevant links(if any) or contain with offensive/harsh word will be deleted.
The last, if you have a question and can't find the relevant article, please feel free to reach me through the Contact us page. I'll be more than happy to reply the email and answer the question :)